Transit passengers not leaving the airport terminal
- If you are in transit, there is a dedicated transit area. There is a transit hotel known as the "Serenediva Transit Hotel" for passengers who need to stay overnight. It is a good option for passengers who are between international flights.
Documentation required by transit passengers not leaving the airport terminal
- If you are not leaving the airport terminal, you are not required to fulfill the following requirements:
- Transit e-Visa/ETA
- Digital Arrival Card
Facilities available to transit passengers
- There are restaurants, washrooms, shopping facilities, etc., available in the transit area at BIA for passengers' convenience. When boarding time is near, you may wait at the gates.
- Lounge: To use the pay-per-use lounge for a short transit period (e.g., 2-3 hours), passengers can stay for 3 hours at the Executive lounge for 21 USD per passenger. If the period exceeds 03 hours, the customer should obtain a new fresh invitation.
- Executive Lounge facilities include a buffet, tea/coffee, comfortable seating, washrooms, internet, etc.
- It is possible for passengers to make a booking for the Executive Lounge facility by clicking on the link below
- https://www.airport.lk/fast_track/indvidual_bookings (Select the package name “Garnet Package” for Executive Lounge facility).