TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF THE SRI LANKA - CANADA FRIENDSHIP ROAD LEADING TO THE AIRPORT
February 11, 2011
The Sri Lanka - Canada Friendship road which is the main road to the Bandaranaike International Airport will be temporary closed due to maintenance work carried out to the railway lines. The road will be closed from 8.00 p.m. 12th Feb 2011 to 6.00 a.m. 13th Feb 2011.
Therefore, passengers are advised to proceed from their homes at least 04 hours prior to their booked flights and use alternative access roads to reach the airport. Police will also be directing the vehicles to the airport.
• Reach Minuwangoda throught the Ja-Ela – Ekala road and proceed to airport using Minuwangoda – Andiambalama road.
• Proceed through the Seeduwa-Raddolugama road from the Seeduwa junction to reach the old Seeduwa junction and proceed to the airport using the Baseline road via Evariwatte.
• Reach Kuluna junction by cutting across Temple road at the 18th milepost on the Negombo main road and proceed to airport through Baseline road via Evariwatte.
• Reach Kimbulapitiya junction by cutting across Akkarapanaha road at Telwatta junction in Negombo and proceed to airport via Andiambalama.
• Cut across Kimbulapitiya road at the Galkanda junction on the Negombo main road and proceed to airport via Andiambalama.