Lost or Damaged Baggage
If you happen to lose an item at the airport, you should firstly contact the relevant airline you are/were travelling with. It is strongly recommended that all travellers take up an appropriate travel insurance to cover any such losses that can occur as part of their journey.
If you have an enquiry about a lost or found item, here's what you can do:
Items Lost at Airport Terminal
- (Tel. 011 225 2861 Ex 3813) Inquiries about lost baggage should be directed either to information desk or to the airline office.
- Please proceed to the nearest information counter and the personnel on duty will assist you further.
- Alternatively, you could use the online customer feedback form or email email@example.com
There are two categories of baggage storage at BIA.
- Bond Baggage Service - Valuable items and any other item which you need not take into the country could be stored subject to customs clearance at Bond Baggage
counter located in the customs area in front of baggage belt No. 01. Bond Baggage fee is Rs 1000/- per baggage per day. On your departure,
baggage could be collected at the check-in area.
- Left Luggage Service - Except perishable items, food items etc. could be stored at the left luggage counter located in the departure outer porch. Left Luggage fee is
Rs. 100/- per baggage per day.
Both counters are opened round the clock.