Which items are forbidden on aircraft?
- Gas canisters, camping gas stoves,
- Pressurised containers, aerosols (excluding perfumes, toiletries & medication),
- Corrosive products, oxidising agents, irritants, toxic products, acids, damp batteries, paint, etc.,
- Explosives (ammunition, bangers, fireworks, rockets, etc.),
Inflammable products (fuel, petrol, etc.),
- Radioactive or magnetic substances.
What cannot be taken into the cabin?
Knives, scissors, modelling knives, razors, etc.
- Self-defence aerosols,
Aerosols (perfumes, toiletries, medication) over 100ml
- Pointed weapons with sharp edges, blunt instruments such as truncheons, heavy or pointed sticks,
Any object that could be used as an offensive weapon such as a pistol, an ice-axe, etc. Any toy or item that looks like any of the above-mentioned, or is of a nature likely to arouse fear.
What can be taken on board within certain restrictions, but cannot be used?
- Cannot be used during preparation for take-off, take-off and landing: portable computer, video camera, electric razor, radio, TV, Walkman.
- Cannot be used during the whole flight: cell phone, CB radio, walkie-talkie, remote control.
If you have any doubts, ask your airline before you pack.