Passport - Passport Required
1. Holders of a ‘laissez-passer’ issued by the United Nations, travelling On duty.
2. Holders of documents issued to stateless persons and refugees, provided holding a Re-entry Permit from the country in which they reside.
3. Holders of a Hong Kong (SAR China) Document of identity.
Crew Members Same regulations as for passengers apply
Military Same regulations as for passengers apply
Minors All Sri Lankan children under 16 years of age may be Included in the parent’s passport. A photograph of the Child must be attached to the passport
Visa - Visa required
1. Nationals of Sri Lanka
2. Holders of a ‘Laissez-Passer’ issued by the United Nations, traveling on duty.
3. Holders of a Re-entry/Residence Permit issued by Sri Lanka to alien residents.
TMOV(Transit without Visa)
Those continuing their journey to a Third country within 8 hours by the same or connecting aircraft, Provided
-holding confirmed onward tickets; and
-other documents for their next destination ; and
-not leaving the airport and remaining in the transit area.
It is advisable to obtain a transit visa in advance.
1. Visa is not required for Merchant Seaman being national of Sri Lanka.
2. Merchant Seaman arriving by air in order to board a ship, or if arriving by ship in order to board an aircraft must travel on duty and hold a Seaman Book together with a passport and hold a Letter of Guarantee from the shipping company.
3. Visa is not required for Merchant Seaman (when arriving by air in order to board a ship, or when arriving by ship in
order to board an aircraft) if the procedure is completely arranged by the shipping company.
Crew Members: same regulations as for passengers apply.
1. Prior to arrival: please contact the nearest representative Sri Lanka
2. On Arrival: If required, provided traveling for tourists purposes for a stay of max 30 days
- Holders of British passports (irrespective of endorsement in passport regarding their national status.)
-Nationals of Albania, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYROM (former Yugoslav Rep. Of Macedonia, Germany,Georgia, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran,Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea(Rep.),Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Moldova(Rep of), Montenegro(Rep of), Nepal,Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia(Rep of), Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Rep. , Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates,USA and Uzbekistan
- Holders of Chinese Taipei documents
- Nationals of China(People’s Rep)including Hong Kong (SAR China)passport holders
- Nationals of Vietnam holding diplomatic and official passports.